A delicious fusion of ginger and coriander with Cinnamon, Coconut and Almond Couscous Scrambled with Dragonfly’s crumbled tofu, a perfect, breakfast, brunch or snack!
100g dry couscous (water to cook it as described on the packet)
salt to taste
5g of sultanas
a pinch of cinnamon
1/2 veggie stock cube
1 tsp sesame oil
1/4 of a small red, yellow and green pepper (chopped into chunky pieces)
2 spring onions (chopped)
2cm of ginger (chopped)
6 medium mushrooms (sliced)
1 stick celery (sliced)
200g Dragonfly Premium tofu (drained)
30ml soya sauce
dried mixed herbs
1 tomato (washed and cubed)
1/5 of a cucumber
fresh coriander (chopped)
How to Prepare the Couscous
1) Cook the couscous as directed on the packet but add 1/2 veggie stock cube, a pinch of mixed herbs and a pinch of cinnamon before cooking.
2)Then add 5g of sultanas to the cooked couscous & stir it and let it sit.
3) Toast a dessert spoon of coconut and a tablespoon of flaked almonds and add them to the couscous, stir in and put to one side.
How to Scramble the Dragonfly Premium Tofu
1) Heat the sesame oil in a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat.
2) Add the chopped spring onions, ginger & peppers, then stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
3) Then add the chopped mushrooms & celery and cook until the 2cm of ginger the peppers and spring onions are tender, about 3-4 mins.
4) Take the drained tofu and crumble it into the pan. Then mix the mustard and soya sauce together and add those with the herbs to the pan. Stir in and stir fry for another 5-7 mins.
5) Add the chopped tomato and stir in.
6) Serve with the couscous & sprinkle chopped coriander over the scramble, then garnish with cucumber.