Dragonfly’s Tofu, marinated and battered and served with a scrummy leek gravy and seasonal vegetables. A perfect Vegan alternative for Sunday Dinner.
400 g Dragonfly Premium tofu
40 ml shoyu
1 tsp mustard
ginger (minced) to taste
110 g plain flour (and extra for coating the tofu)
300ml soya milk
egg replacer equivalent to 2 eggs (see directions on box)
salt & pepper to taste
1 tsp dried herbs
oil for frying
1/2 leek (sliced)
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp herbs
300 ml of vegan or veggie gravy made with gravy granules
steamed kale and carrots or veg of your choice
1) Cut the tofu into 8 slices, then mix the soya sauce, ginger and mustard together, then marinate the tofu for an hour. Add more soya sauce if needed.
2) Make the batter by adding all the ingredients together and whisking until smooth. Put in the fridge.
3) Drain the tofu slices and coat with flour and then dip in the batter.
4) Heat frying oil to cover about 1/2 cm of a frying pan and fry the tofu slices for a few mins on each side until crisp and golden brown. The oil needs to be quite hot. Or deep fry if you prefer. Drain the fat off and out on kitchen towels to absorb the rest.
5) Fry the leeks in a little oil and make 300 ml of vegan or vegetable, then add to the pan with the leeks and also add some dried herbs. Add more water if needed.
6) Serve with steamed kale and carrots or veg of your choice. Add potatoes for a heartier meal. Serve when hot so that the better is still crisp.
Submit your review