For when you are on the go! Use Dragonfly’s tofu to make a winter vegetable Cornish pasty. Tofu, with seasoned, carrots, potatoes, squash and leek encased in a delicious crumbly pastry.
225g plain flour
110g vegan or vegetarian margarine
pinch of salt
120g Dragonfly Premium tofu (cut into medium cubes)
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
2 large carrots (peeled and cut into medium cubes)
1 large potato (peeled and cut into medium cubes)
150g butternut (peeled and cut into medium cubes)
1/2 leek (sliced)
1 tsp dried herbs
salt & black pepper
1 tbsp Soya milk
1 tsp agave syrup
1) Marinate the tofu in soya sauce and 1/4 of the herbs for an hour.
2) Make the pastry. Put the margarine and flour into a mixing bowl and rub together until they resemble breadcrumbs. Add salt and then a little water, start with 1 tbsp and then add more little by little until the mixture forms a firm dough. Cover with cling film and put in the fridge for 30 mins.
3) Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas 6
4) Now make the filling. Put the oil in a pan and stir fry the sliced leeks for 3-4 mins. Then add the tofu cubes & marinade, the vegetable cubes, the rest of the soya sauce, the herbs and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer for 8 -10 minutes or until all the vegetables are soft.
5) Take the dough out of the fridge & divide it into 4 balls, then roll each out on a floured surface to form 4 circles. Drain any excess liquid off the tofu mixture and then spoon a quarter into one half of one of the dough circles, leaving about 1½ cms around the edge free from filling. Dampen the edges of the pastry with water, fold the 2 halves together and press to seal (you can either use your thumbs or a fork for this). Repeat to make 3 more pasties.
6) Put the 4 pasties onto a greased baking tray, mix the soya sauce and agave syrup together and glaze the tops of the pasties.
7) Bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25 mins or until the pastry is cooked.