A healthy, vegetable laden alternative for Sunday Dinner! Layered vegetables topped with Dragonfly’s Tofu and cashew Nuts. Delicious!
1 tsp olive oil
1 courgette (sliced)
1 medium sweet potato or 1/2 large one (sliced)
200g butternut pumpkin (sliced)
1 tsp olive oil
1 large onion (peeled and finely chopped)
1 garlic clove (crushed
1 can tomatoes
1 tsp mustard (optional)
salt & pepper
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp of dried herbs
80g cashew nuts (leave out if you have a nut allergy)
tamari (to taste)
lemon juice (to taste)
1 tbsp of chopped fresh basil
mustard (to taste)
salt & pepper (to taste)
Note: while the sauce is cooking you should preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4, prepare the vegetables and make the tofu cream topping.
1) Heat a tsp of olive oil in a pan and add the chopped onions and minced garlic, stir fry for 5-6 mins.
2) Add the tomatoes, mustard (optional), balsamic vinegar, honey, dried herbs & salt & pepper to taste. Then simmer for about 15 mins or until the onions are soft. Add extra water if needed.
3) Put the sliced aubergine in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Wash the salt off before you use them. Then stir fry them for 2-3 mins on each side until they’re brown or grill them (add a little oil first). Put to one side.
4) Boil or steam sliced pumpkin & sweet potatoes for 4 – 5 mins or until slightly soft. Put to one side.
5) Stir fry the courgette slices for a few mins until slightly soft. Put to one side.
6) Put all the ingredients, except the soya cream, into a blender and puree them until smooth. Add some soya cream if you want a creamier sauce.
7) Spoon 1/3 of the sauce into an oven dish or casserole and then layer half of the aubergines & pumpkin on top. Add 1/3 more sauce. Then layer the courgettes and sweet potato, add the rest of the sauce. Finish with a layer of aubergines
8) Spoon the tofu topping onto the aubergines to cover them all.
9) Bake in the centre to the oven for 25-30 mins or until the topping has gone brown. Bake longer if you use a deep casserole dish.
10) Sprinkle with chopped basil before serving.
– add some red wine to the sauce
– use different nuts to get a different taste