Use Dragonfly’s Tofu marinated in honey and mustard to make a Sweet Tasting Taco, served with a tangy tomato sauce and salad. Excellent for mealtimes, BBQs or parties.
400g Dragonfly Premium tofu (cut into big chunks)
2 tsp mustard
2 tsp olive oil or oil of your choice
1 tsp olive oil or oil of your choice
1 medium red onion (chopped)
1/4 fresh red and 1/4 green chilli pepper, or to taste, finely chopped
1-2 gloves of garlic crushed
3 medium tomatoes (chopped)
2 tbsp dried herbs
1 tbsp tomato puree
30 ml water (add more if needed)
a dash balsamic vinegar
pinch of salt
fresh parsley (chopped)
extra honey or brown sugar to taste
soya cream (optional)
1 small or 1/2 large avocado
a few black olives (pitted and sliced)
1) Mix the honey and mustard together
2) Cut the tofu into large chunks and marinate in the honey & mustard marinade for at least 30 mins, better an hour. make sure all sides are covered
3) Pre-heat the oven to the temperature that’s listed on the taco packet.
4) When the tofu is almost marinated, make the sauce. Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan, add the chopped onion, garlic and chillies and fry for 5 mins.
5) Add the chopped tomatoes, fried herbs, tomato puree (mix well), a drop of balsamic vinegar, a pinch of salt and the water. Cover and simmer for 15 mins, taste after 5 mins and add honey or brown sugar if you like it sweeter. When cooked, add fresh parsley and puree.
6) When the sauce is simmering start preparing the tofu. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the tofu for about 8 mins, turning a few times so that all sides are brown. Set aside when ready
7) Put the taco shells on a baking tray and cook in the over for about 3 mins or as directed on the packet. Take out and put on a plate.
8) Fill with chopped lettuce, cucumber, olives and chopped avocado but leave enough room for the tofu chunks to go on top.
9) Pour the sauce over and serve.
– Add some soya cream to the pureed sauce if you want an even creamier taste
– Try grating a little lime over the filled taco for an extra zingy taste