Peppers stuffed with Dragonfly’s smoked tofu, courgettes, mushrooms, olives and couscous, seasoned with a selection of herbs and served with a spicy tomato sauce. The perfect light lunch!
100 g dry couscous (cooked)
4 large red peppers (cut in half and seeds removed)
150g smoked Dragonfly Premium tofu (cubed)
1 tsp olive oil
2 small courgettes (cubed)
8 mushrooms (sliced)
8 olives (sliced)
1 fennel bulb (cubed)
1 small onion
30 ml tamari
1-2 garlic cloves (to taste and crushed)
dash of lemon juice
fresh coriander (chopped)
1 tbsp dried herbs
Spicy tomato sauce
Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7
1) Mix the mustard, tamari & lemon juice together and add to the tofu cubes, then marinate for an hour.
2) Cook the couscous as directed on the packet
3) Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion, garlic & chopped fennel and stir fry for 5 mins.
4) Add the tofu cubes, including the marinade, mushrooms, olives, dried herbs & chopped coriander and fry for 3-4 mins.
5) Mix the tofu/veg mix with the cooked couscous and stuff the peppers with it. Put onto a baking tray lined with foil. Cover the tops with foil for the first 15 mins and then remove it Cook for 25 mins or until the peppers are soft (test with a skewer). If you see the couscous getting too dry then cover again with foil and drizzle with a little soya sauce/water if needed.
6) Serve with salad topped with fresh herbs and roasted seeds. Add some spicy tomato sauce to the peppers for extra taste.
Note: if you peppers are small then you may have filling left over.