Are you a fan of fajitas? If so you are going to enjoy Dragonfly’s Tofu delicately flavoured to make a delicious smoked tofu fajita, served with guacamole and tomato salsa.
4 -6 soft flour tortillas (depends on the size)
3 tsp olive oil
1 large onion (peeled & chopped)
1 medium red pepper (stem & seeds removed & chopped)
1 medium green pepper (stem & seeds removed & chopped)
1 medium yellow pepper (stem & seeds removed & chopped)
120g or 12 mushrooms (chopped)
1 courgette (washed and cubed)
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
400g Dragonfly premium smoked tofu (cut into medium cubes)
salt and pepper to taste
chilli powder (optional)
coriander to taste (chopped)
1) Pre-heat the oven to the temperature that’s listed on the tortilla packet.
2) Heat the oil in a pan and add the chopped onions, garlic and peppers, then fry for 5 mins.
3) Add the cubed tofu, the chopped mushrooms and courgettes, dried herbs & salt and pepper to taste. Add chilli powder to taste if you like hot food. Stir, cover and simmer for 10 mins or until veg are soft. Stir occasionally and add a drop of water if it looks like the mixture is drying out.
4) While the mixture is cooking, heat the tortillas as described on the packet.
5) When the tortillas are warm and the tofu mix is ready, put one tortilla on a plate, add some lettuce and chopped tomato, then add a quarter of the tofu/veg mix. Add some tomato salsa or homemade tomato sauce. Roll the tortilla and repeat with the other 3.
6) Serve with guacamole, tomato salsa and sprinkle with fresh coriander.
– Use other vegetables to get a different taste
– Serve with melted vegan cheese instead of salsa