For a taste of Japan, use Dragonfly’s Tofu to make a delicious Miso Soup with Lotus, Leek and Shitake mushrooms.
2cm dried wakame (soak in water for at least 10 mins before cooking)
2 dried shitake mushrooms (dehydrated & cooked and cut into small pieces)
2 slices of frozen lotus (you may need to cook it longer if fresh)
1/4 leek (sliced)
1 small carrot (cubed)
2 leaves from Chinese cabbage (sliced)
100g Dragonfly Premium tofu (cubed)
3 tsps miso (mugi miso used in this recipe)
1) Dehydrate the shitake and cook as directed on the packet.
2) Soak the seaweed in water for 10 mins or as directed on the packet. Cut it into strips.
3) Put 550 ml water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the seaweed and simmer for 15 – 20 mins or until soft. See the packet for directions.
4) Talk 2 tbsp of water from the pan and mix with the miso. Pour back into the pan.
5) Now add the cubed tofu, sliced leek, lotus & carrot and the pieces of cooked shitake. Add more water if needed as there should be just enough to cover the vegetables & tofu. Simmer for a further 4 – 5 mins. Now add the Chinese cabbage and simmer for another few minutes until the vegetables are cooked to your liking.
6) Serve with fresh parsley.