Warming Lentil & Root Vegetable Soup, served with Dragonfly’s tasty tofu croutons and sourdough toast. The perfect comfort food for those chilly days!
600g of root vegetables of your choice (peeled and cubed in large cubes)
1 clove of garlic (crushed) or use ginger if you prefer
2 vegetable stock cubes
dried mixed herbs (to taste)
1/2 cup (approx 80G) red spilt lentils (washed)
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
200g Dragonfly Premium tofu (drained and cut into crouton size pieces)
flat leaf parsley
toasted mixed seeds
1) Marinate the tofu croutons in the tamari and put to one side. They need to marinate for about an hour. Turn occasionally.
2) Put the root vegetables, crushed garlic, crumbled stock cubes, mixed herbs, washed lentils and water into a saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer for approx 25 – 30 mins or until the lentils and veg are soft.
3) When the soup is almost ready, heat the toasted sesame oil in a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat.
4) Drain the marinade from the tofu croutons and save any excess for later. Add them to the oil, then stir fry for about 8 minutes, turning at least once. Cook until brown all over. Add more marinade if needed.
5) While the croutons are cooking, puree the soup and put it into bowls.
6) Decorate with the croutons and sprinkle with chopped flat leaf parsley and toasted mixed seeds.
7) Serve sourdough toast.
1) Use marinated tofu instead and just cut into crouton size cubes then fry in oil as above.
2) Add a tablespoon of soya cream before serving for an extra creamy soup.
Serves: 3 starter size or 2 main course size