Dragonfly’s Tofu cut into steaks marinated and coated with a barley and seed crust, served with steamed vegetables & a sweet chili dipping sauce. A great idea for a dinner party!
400g Dragonfly Premium tofu cut into 8 slices
60g mixed seeds (approx 1 tbsp/7g per steak)
4 baby pak choi (washed)
4 carrots (sliced)
150g of dried pearl barley (cooked)
salt & pepper
fresh parsley (chopped)
Sweet chill sauce
For the marinade
60 ml soya sauce
2 tsp mustard
dash lemon juice (to taste)
2 tsp dried herbs
1) Mix the ingredients for the marinade together and marinate the tofu slices for an hour. Turn after 30 mins and make sure that all sides have been well marinated.
2) Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7 when the tofu has almost finished marinating.
3) Cook the barley as directed on the packet and stir in chopped, fresh parsley once it’s cooked.
4) Grind the seeds for a few seconds so that the pumpkin seeds are in smaller bits. Don’t grind them for too long as you don’t want flour. Then remove the tofu from the marinade slice by slice and roll it in the seeds, making sure you cover all sides. The seeds should stick to the wet tofu.
5) Put the coated tofu steaks on a baking tray covered with foil and bake in the over for 15-18 mins, turn once.
6) Steam the carrots for 3-5 mins and the pak choi for 2-3 mins or longer if you like your veg less crunchy.
7) Serve the steaks, barley and vegetables with sweet chilli dipping sauce or a sauce of your choice.